STAGE 1: INCEPTION
Receive, appraise and report on the client’s requirements with regard to:
- the client’s brief
- the site and rights and constraints
- budgetary constraints
- the need for consultants
- project programme
- methods of contracting
STAGE 2: CONCEPT AND VIABILITY (CONCEPT DESIGN)
Prepare an initial design and advise on:
- the intended space provisions and planning relationships
- proposed materials and intended building services
- the technical and functional characteristics of the design
- Check for conformity of the concept with the rights to the use of land.
- Review the anticipated costs of the project.
- Review the project programme.
STAGE 3: DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Confirm the scope and complexity.
- Review the design and consult with local and statutory authorities.
- Develop the design, construction system, materials and components.
- Incorporate and co-ordinate all services and the work of consultants.
- Review the design, costing and programme with the consultants.
STAGE 4.1: DOCUMENTATION
- Prepare documentation sufficient for local authority submission:
- co-ordinate technical documentation with the consultants and complete primary co-ordination
- prepare specifications for the works
- review the costing and programme with the consultants
- obtain the client’s authority and submit documents for approval
STAGE 4.2: PROCUREMENT
- Complete construction documentation and proceed to call for tenders:
- obtain the client’s authority to prepare documents to procure offers for the execution of the works
- obtain offers for the execution of the works
- evaluate offers and recommend on the award of the building contract.
- prepare the contract documentation and arrange for the signing of the building contract
STAGE 5: CONSTRUCTION
- Administer the building contract.
- Give possession of the site to the contractor.
- Issue contract documentation.
- Initiate and/or check sub-contract design and documentation as appropriate.
- Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation.
- Administer and perform the duties and obligations assigned to the principal agent in the JBCC building contract, or fulfil the obligations provided for in other forms of contract
- Issue the certificate of practical completion
- Assist the client to obtain the occupation certificate
STAGE 6: CLOSE OUT
- Facilitate the project close-out including the preparation of the necessary documentation to effect completion, handover and operation of the project.
- After the contractor’s obligations with respect to the building contract are fulfilled, the architectural professional shall issue the certificates related to contract completion.
- Provide the client with as-built drawings and relevant technical and contractual undertakings by the contractor and sub-contractors.